Selective androgen receptor modulators or SARMs are not products that taste good. So, time and again, users have had to come up with different ways of consuming them. This is a common problem.
If you are not very clear on it, SARMs are a class of drugs that are a safer alternative to anabolic steroids. These are not approved for human consumption because earlier in the testing phases it was found that they can cause a range of cancers in the users.
However, research has shown that they are performance enhancers and might also be useful as a therapeutic drug to avoid muscle wasting in patients of chronic diseases like cancer. So, SARMs are available as research products and are diverted to bodybuilding enthusiasts by the underground fitness industry.
Those in favor of SARMs argue that these substances are dangerous only when consumed in large qualities for a long period of time. To avoid that, SARMs are consumed in very small quantities and in cycles.
But that does not solve the problem of bad taste. These substances are not like candy but like medicine. So, even though the quantities are small, the taste and smell is strong and sometimes unbearable to those who don’t have the tolerance.
One of the ways to fix this problem is to mix it with water. But you need to do that carefully because almost all SARMs come with a host of side effects. A small slip up might lead to dangerous consequences. That is what we are here to help you with.
Want to skip the mix? How to take SARMs powder raw
Those who have been doing this for a while do it with a glass of water (or two) and they are good. But the taste is awful and what’s worse is that it lingers. Two glasses of water is just not enough. If you are highly motivated, you might be able to make it happen.
But some users have noted that consuming it as a liquid makes it a lot more bearable. This is not rocket science but you will need to drink a couple of glasses of juice or coffee after drinking the SARM of your choice.
One of the best ways to do it is the way babies are given medicine. Hold your breath, take the liquid, swallow. This is also helpful in avoiding the strong taste which many people can’t stand. You might also want to keep a few mints handy so that you don’t have to deal with the smell after consuming it.
Some folks have suggested putting the liquid on a loaf of bread but that is not the wisest thing to do. If you are taking MK-677, be warned that this is one of the worst things you will ever put in your mouth. It might stick around for hours after you have taken it.
But the real problem is not whether you chase the powder with coffee or juice but how difficult it is to measure such small quantities. Consider cardarine, one of the most popular SARMs in the business. Even an experienced user is not supposed to take more than 25 mg a day. That is a really small amount and is barely visible to the naked eye.
Unless you have an expensive weight scale, it is tricky to get this right. Doing it with a cheap scale is equally dangerous. If you mess up the dosage, you will end up with increased side effects. So, there are two ways to get this done. You could spend a lot of money and get a professional measuring tool or turn your SARM into liquid form. By all means, go with the first option if you have the money to spend. But we suggest the latter because not only does it help with the accuracy but also helps avoid the bad taste and odor.
What you need to get started making SARMs
Converting SARM powder to liquid form is no more complicated than following a cooking recipe. You need to know the ingredients and pots and pans you need so that you can check what’s already available in your kitchen and what you need to buy or borrow. Here’s what you need.
- One kettle
- One measuring scale (with mg measurement)
- One shot glass
- One bowl (small)
- One small piece of aluminum foil
- One regular eye-dropper of any brand
- SARM powder
- Dimethyl sulfoxide or DMSO
- One PEG 300
- Vegetable glycerin
Before we head into the process of conversion, here are a few things to note.
First, DMSO will be used as a solvent. You can also use water but some SARMs are not soluble in water. And this process is a broad overview that can be used to convert any SARM into liquid form. DMSO also increases the bioavailability of SARMs but users in the US also have the option of substituting it with Everclear. Bioavailability is the proportion of a substance entering our circulation so as to have an active effect.
Second, don’t buy derivatives of PEG 300—like PEG 400 or PEG 500—because it is said to make the liquid a little too thick.
Third, the vegetable glycerin will thicken your liquid just enough and improve the taste. It is also easily available.
Now that we have the basics in place, let’s begin. Today, we will create 30 ml of cardarine. For every one ml that you want to create, you will need 25 mg of the substance. So, to create 30 ml, you will need 750 mg of cardarine powder.
But before we begin, remember that the final liquid is still going to be bitter. There is a way to make it better but we will need to add a catalyst to the process. That gets a little more scientific and has a few risks too. So, for now, we will just stick with making the liquid SARM tolerable.
DIY SARMs Recipe
How to make a liquid SARMs solution at home
- To turn 750 mg of cardarine powder into 30 ml of liquid, you need to start by boiling some water in your kettle.
- We are done with the kettle. So, remove it and make space for the rest of the process.
- Once that is done, put it in the small bowl you picked out and fill about 30% of it with water.
- Now, you must measure the cardarine powder. For that, place the piece of foil on your scale and reset it to the zero mark so that there are no errors. This is to avoid measuring the weight of the foil. Now, measure 750 mg of cardarine. It is not going to look like a lot so keep your eyes on the scale.
- Now, measure the solvent. In this case, it is the DMSO. Pull out the eye-dropper and measure 10% of the total solution. Since we are aiming to make 30 ml, take 3 ml of the solvent.
- Put it in the shot glass and place the glass inside the bowl which contains the hot water. The solvent will be nice and warm inside the shot glass.
- Now, add the cardarine powder to the solvent inside the shot glass. Mix it till all the lumps are gone and you get a nice, consistent liquid.
- Next, take the PEG 300 and measure about 18 ml of it. This is 60% of your final cardarine solution. Stir it for about 10 to 20 seconds till the solution is once again free of lumps.
- The last step is to add vegetable glycerin. At this point, 70% of the final solution is ready. So, add the last 30% into the shot glass. Measure 9 ml of vegetable glycerin and stir it one last time for 10 to 15 seconds till it is free of lumps.
You have your cardarine liquid. Store this at room temperature in a container or a vial that can be sealed. Some folks like to put this in capsules but you will need equipment for that. Use the eye dropper and measure the solution.
- 750 mg of cardarine
- 3 ml of DMSO
- 18 ml of PEG 300
- 9 ml of vegetable glycerin
This will give you 30 ml of cardarine. It is important not to mess up the portions because different SARMs have different impacts on the body. Do note that these measurements are specifically tailored to a cardarine solution. Some other SARMs are a lot more powerful and you are advised to consume fewer milligrams of those substances. So, every time you proceed to make these concoctions, be sure to check with someone who has done this for the accurate measurements.
Final thoughts about SARMs homebrewing
This tutorial will hopefully make it easy for you to consume your SARMs on a daily basis until the end of your cycle. Remember to eat, drink and workout according to the dosage you are taking.
Also remember that these are banned substances and if you choose to use them you need to procure high-quality SARMs. You can find some of them here. Approach them with care and caution. Good luck and happy training.